New Cat registration application
This application is only for the registration of new cats.
- Online applications can be made via desktop or laptop devices. Mobile devices (e.g. smartphones, tablets) are not currently supported.
- Each online cat registration application is for one cat only. If you have more than one cat, please make separate applications for each.
Please note: Council will not be issuing a Certificate or Tag for your Cat registration. The details provided are for Council records only.
Terms and conditions of Cat Registration
- I hereby apply for registration of the cat described herein and declare that the details are correct to the best of my knowledge.
- I recognise that failure to comply with the Cairns Regional Council Local Laws and/or the Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act 2008 may result in the Council taking action against myself.
- I agree to keep my cat contained within my property in accordance with the Cairns Regional Council Local Laws. I understand that failure to keep my cat(s) within my property could result in action being taken against myself.
- I acknowledge I am only allowed to have a maximum of two cats on any premises. If I intend to keep additional cats, I must apply to Council for an Excess Animal Permit.
- I understand that it is a requirement under the Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act 2008, that my cat have a permanent identification device (microchip) implanted in it.
- All cats over the age of twelve (12) weeks must be registered and microchipped.
Please ensure you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions of the application before proceeding.