Extra Bin Collection Request
This online service is for the additional collection of Residential Waste and Recycling 240L Bins.
If you require other waste services, please contact Customer Service 1300 69 2247.
IMPORTANT: Only one property per request
Council provides a weekly household general waste collection and a fortnightly household recycling collection to Cairns residents.
For a fee of $10.50, you can request to:
- Have your bin collected if your bin was not out by 6:00AM on your collection day and has been missed, or
- Have your bin collected outside of your nominated collection day (week days only)
Your request will not be processed until payment is received in full.
Please place your bin kerbside once payment has been made, and collection will be within 1 business day.
No collections are available on Saturdays and Sundays.
To ensure your extra collection takes place, there are a few things you need to do:
- If your request is for same day collection, position the bin kerbside prior to completing the request.
NOTE: Requests for same day collection are not guaranteed and may be completed the following business day.
- Position the bin kerbside prior to 6:00AM on the day of your requested extra collection.
- Do not overfill bins, the lid must close fully.
- No hazardous waste (flares, batteries, gas bottles etc.).
A refund will not be issued if the bin is not presented for collection.
Household recyclables, household hazardous waste, and items for the Buy Back Shop can be taken directly to Council's transfer stations for FREE.
Terms and conditions of Extra Bin Collection Request
- Please be aware that additional approvals and/or fees may be required upon review of request.
- Request will not be processed until payment is received in full.
- A refund will not be issued if the bin is not presented for collection.
Please ensure you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions of the application before proceeding.